- Robert M. Janowiak Outstanding Leadership and Service Award, ECE Department Head Association (ECEDHA), 2022
- IEEE Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE AES, 2017-2019
- Service award, ECE Department Head Association (ECEDHA), 2013
- Fellow of AAAS: For distinguished contributions to the field of nonlinear systems and control, particularly for control of networked systems with applications to robotics and energy systems, 2012
- Fellow of IEEE: For contributions to control for nonlinear uncertain systems, 2009
- Associate Editor Award, the inaugural award by International journal of Robotics and Automation, 2006
- Special Community Service Award, Orlando Chinese Professionals Association, 2006.
- Lockheed Martin Corporate Award, 2005.
- Technology Transfer Award, KSC, NASA, 2001.
- Outstanding Engineering Educator, IEEE Orlando Section, 1996.
- Research Initiation Award, The U.S. National Science Foundation, 1991.
- Best Ph.D. Thesis Award, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, 1991.
Selected Internal Awards