- Computer Architecture
- Hardware / System Security
- AI Security
- Energy-efficient Computing
- Cloud Computing
Ongoing Research Projects
- Detection and defense techniques for microarchitecture attacks
- Understanding and taming hardware-based model tampering in deep learning systems.
- Investigating and defeating information leakage threats in emerging NVM-integrated systems.
- Architecting secure and high-performance crossbar ReRAM memory systems.
- Conference Program Committee: NAS’21, MICRO’20 (ERC), ICCD’20, HPCA’20, ICCD’19, MICRO SRC’18
- Journal Technical Reviewer: IEEE IoT Journal’20, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems’20, IEEE Transaction on Computers’20, IEEE Transaction on Communications’20, IEEE Computer Architecture Letters’19, IEEE TCAD’19, IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing’18, IEEE Transactions on Service Computing’18, Springer Journal Of Hardware and Systems Security’18
- Organizing Committee: ICCD 2020 (Proceeding Chair), HPCA 2019 (Registration Chair), IISWC 2019 (Local Chair/Session Chair)
Honors & Awards
- NSF GW I-Corps Site Grant Award, 2018
- Best Dissertation Award, GWU, 2018.
- The Norris & Betty Hekimian Engineering Endowment Fellowship, GWU, 2017
Ongoing Funded Research Projects
- Understanding and Taming Deterministic Model Bit Flip Attacks in Deep Neural Networks (PI), NSF SaTC, 2020-2023.
- Towards Secure-By-Design Integration of Emerging Non-Volatile Memory in Future System (PI), NSF CNS, 2020-2023.
- Architecting Secure-by-Design Memristor- Based Memories (Co-PI), NSF CNS, 2019-2022.