Varadraj Gurupur, Ph.D., is currently working as an associate professor in the School of Global Health Management and Informatics at the University of Central Florida. Dr. Gurupur is a recipient of two international awards, two national awards, and several regional and institutional awards. His core research is focused on software engineering decision support systems for healthcare and education. Dr. Gurupur is a recipient of research grants and has two patents in health information management. Dr. Gurupur has more than 100 publications which include: edited book, book chapters, journal articles, conference papers, abstracts, and published reviews. His articles have been published in high impact journals and his research work is widely used by researchers across the globe.
From a teaching perspective, Dr. Gurupur has more than 11 years of teaching experience and has served as a teacher in two different countries. Dr. Gurupur is also someone who has worked in the healthcare industry for several years. Based on this work experience and academic training he is involved in discovering innovative solutions to difficult problems associated with Electronic Health Records.
- Health Informatics
- Decision Support Systems
- Data Semantics
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Triumph Award for Innovation, 2021
- Outstanding Engineering Educator, IEEE Orlando Section, for the year 2020
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award for the year 2017
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) Triumph Award for Research, 2017
- Florida Health Information Management Association Literary Award for the year 2016