The Engineering cleanrooms are a multi-user facility dedicated to providing university researchers, industrial and government partners with the capabilities they require. It contains lithography, deposition, etching, and characterization tools for 4-inch diameter silicon substrate processes. Highlights include atomic layer deposition, UHV PVD systems, a mask aligner with UV lithography system, and a PECVD. We are proud of our latest addition of the Heidelberg DWL 66+ laser lithography tool with a minimum resolution of 600 nm and a choice of grayscale lithography.
This facility is also an academic laboratory. Students learn the operation of the specialized equipment and the processes to fabricate microelectronic devices. Two courses, Thin-Film Technology (EEE 5332) and Fabrication of Solid-State Devices (EEE 5356), are offered for students to fabricate working devices and evaluate the characteristics of their devices. There are 3400 square feet of cleanroom space (Class 100 and Class 1000) distributed in the first floor of the Engineering 1 building.
The facility is a part of UCF’s Nanofabrication Shared Facility, which includes complementary cleanrooms in the College of Optics and Photonics and the College of Sciences.
For users requesting access to the cleanrooms (Room 124 or Room 163):
- General use is for students and post-docs working under faculty or faculty themselves.
- Access can be granted to interested industrial users.
- For more information regarding access, email Avra Kundu Avra.Kundu@ucf.edu
- Complete EHS 201 and EHS 202 at https://ehs.ucf.edu/training.
- Contact Dr. Keqi Qin for questions and scheduling regarding the Heidelberg DWL 66+ Laser Lithography tool at Keqi.Qin@ucf.edu
- During student training as a part of laboratory courses, all equipment will not be available for general use.
Internal UCF User Fees
Tier 0 – $12.00
Cleanroom General Use
Tier 1 – $15.00
Includes Tabletop RIE with SF6 capability, Minibrute Doping/Oxidation Furnaces and 3-D Surface Profiler.
Tier 2 – $20.00
Includes EVG 620 Mask Aligner & UV Lithography, Dektak Surface Profiler and Thin Film Stress Measurement Tool.
Tier 3 – $33.00
Includes Anric Technologies 4 inch ALD System, Vacuum Annealing Furnace, 2-Gun AJA EBeam Evaporation, 4-Gun AJA Sputtering, 3-Gun AJA Sputtering, 6-Gun AJA Sputtering, and Jipelec JetFirst 150 Rapid Thermal Annealer.
Tier 4 – $40.00
Includes Scanning Electron Microscope and Laser Lithography.